farmstros can be reached at farmstros@yahoo.com

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Talking to Larry Dierker about Baseball Books and Literacy Advance

It's a long baseball season and unless you are in MLB's Fan Cave, you can't watch/listen to games 24/7 from April through October. In light of this fact, I spent some time Tuesday morning talking to Larry Dierker about baseball books in hopes of finding a few options to fill the gaps between games.

You can hear Dierker talk about some of his favorite baseball books and authors in the above interview. His first choice was The Glory of Their Times by Lawrence Ritter.  The conversation made me eager to run down to my local library with my library card ready for action.

Personally, I was pretty excited when Dierker mentioned If I Never Get Back by Darryl Brock. I read that book several years ago, so it was neat to know that Larry Dierker and I like the same book. 

Please listen to end of the conversation when Dierker talks about his golf tournament on February 25 which benefits Literacy Advance Houston.

No comments: