farmstros can be reached at farmstros@yahoo.com

Sunday, September 15, 2013

What Else Can I Say?

What else can I say?
With six years under my belt
I'm a free agent

As of this month, I have been following the Astros of the Future for six years. As any follower of minor league baseball knows, this means that I am now eligible for free agency.   After much consideration, I have decided to pursue other, as of yet undetermined, options.  I appreciate everyone who has been willing to be a part of the Farmstros Village for the past six years.  It has been a great ride.

I plan to maintain the database.  I will be remaining on Twitter. However, my handle has been changed to @royal_worm.  I will still be available via email at farmstros@yahoo.com.

I have scheduled this to post while I am attending the Astros/Angels game on Sunday afternoon.  If you see me in the Crawford Boxes, feel free to stop by and say "Hello".

Peace,
Mike Tauser
Follow the Astros of the Future with us

P.S.: To Trey who contacted me about picking some of my baseball reference items: I lost your email.  Please contact me again. 

9 comments:

Kenneth Meadows said...

Sorry to hear this. This is the first site I found when I started looking for Astros minor league info. Been reading for almost five years. Best wishes to you.

farmstros said...

Kenneth,

Thanks for the kind words. It has been great to be able to provide information for loyal readers like yourself.

jmecmor said...

Agree w/ Kenneth. This must have been a labor of love for you. I am thankful that you will keep up the db. That is a valuable tool for those of us wondering about Rule 5 drafts (how sad can we all really be)!

farmstros said...

Thanks, jmecmor. I will definitely keep up the database through this November when the 40-man roster is set. It's already color coded so you can tell who the Rule 5 guys and minor league free agents are. I plan to maintain the database into next season, but the updating will probably not be as quick. Maybe once every two weeks or something like that.

Larry McCoy said...

Take care Mike... I've enjoyed your blog and the database has been quite useful for me in keeping the rosters updated for autograph purposes.... what's next for you?

Erin Dando said...

Thank you for all the info you have shared over the years. As a minor leaguer parent it has been a great source of information and knowledge. Best of luck to you!

farmstros said...

Larry,

Thanks. It has been great to get to know you over the years, even though we've never met in person. It's always amazed me how well you are able to keep up with all the players on a personal level.

farmstros said...

Erin,

You're welcome. Glad I was able to be a source. That has been the main goal. Hope things go well for you and your baseball playing son.

Pankaj Kapoor said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.